Monday, December 1, 2008

"ass in the air"

There is a certain part of one's life that lives on their hard drive. For me, it is my photos, my music and the remnants of my graduate program in which I studied post modern feminist art (i.e. Cindy Sherman).


So when I went to my friend Cliff's last night to retrieve the recovered data from my old hard drive I was hardly surpised, when the one file that should cause an error message, was actually a Cindy Sherman image I titled "ass in the air".


Still there was the brief moment, before I was able to explain to him the image was an art piece I wrote about in school, that we both stared at the screen and burst into laughter. Because really, what are the chances, of all the 88,000 files recovered, this error message should be created.



No comments: